TSSA safety inspectors from across the province will rally at Canada’s Wonderland on the first day of their strike on Thursday July 21 at noon. They’re being forced to strike for their first contract because their employer has no respect for our members and their working conditions. Join our first picket lines so we can show this employer that safety inspectors deserve a fair first contract!
Get on the bus on Thursday, July 21!
Please join TSSA safety inspectors in solidarity on the first day of their #StrikeforSafety! Buses will be picking up supporters in locations across southwestern and central Ontario – email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot at a pick-up location near you! Please stay tuned to this page as we add more buses, pick-up locations, and pick-up times for each location. More details will also be posted at strikeforsafety.com in the next few days.
Bus #1 (Leaves London at 8:30 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- London – OPSEU Regional Office, 1092 Dearness Dr.
- Cambridge – Hwy 401/Townline Rd/Wellington Road 32 carpool lot
- Milton – Hwy 401/Trafalgar Rd. carpool lot
- Mississauga – Hwy 401/Hurontario St. carpool lot
Bus #2 (Leaves Burlington at 10 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- Burlington – QEW/Guelph Line carpool lot
- Mississauga – Erin Mills Pkwy/Southdown Rd./North Sheridan Way carpool lot
Bus #3 (Leaves Oshawa at 9 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- Oshawa – OPSEU Regional Office, 500 King St. W. Unit 6
- Whitby – Hwy 401/Brock St. eastbound off-ramp carpool lot
Bus #4 (Leaves Barrie at 10 a.m., return trip from Canada’s Wonderland departs 4:30 p.m.)
- Barrie – Hwy 400/Essa Rd/Ardagh Rd. carpool lot
- King – Hwy 400/Hwy 9 southbound off-ramp
- Vaughan – Hwy 400/Hwy 7 carpool lot
About TSSA safety inspectors
Members of OPSEU/SEFPO Local 546, Safety Inspectors at the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) inspect everything from amusement park rides, food trucks and elevators, to fuel burning equipment, propane dispensing stations, boiler plate vessels (BVP) and elements in nuclear power plants.
They have been negotiating their first contract since joining OPSEU/SEFPO in 2021. We need more safety inspectors, regular inspections, and more accountability!