The Executive Assistant is a Staff Officer responsible for assisting members and Locals, working with committees, and developing and administering Federation programs, services, and policies.
The successful candidate will meet many of the following criteria. The candidate has:
• Facilitated relationships with media personnel and created earned and paid media for an organization;
• Authored and edited briefs, publications, media releases, and backgrounders;
• Developed and edited training and promotional materials;
• Developed literature and support materials for political action or social justice initiatives;
• Authored, edited, or acquired content for a broad distribution newsletter;
• Practical experience with digital communications;
• Superior oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated effectiveness in the development and delivery of adult training programs;
• A practical knowledge of the operation of a provincial teachers’ federation;
• A commitment to equity and social justice;
• A commitment to maintaining high quality publicly funded education.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, media relations, the development and editing of federation documents and publications, and general communications responsibilities. The work will focus on the development of media releases and backgrounders and establishing a dynamic and productive relationship with media personnel. Responsibilities may include the development of promotional materials and literature to support political action and social justice initiatives. Candidates shall have a clearly defined philosophy of the role of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario within the Ontario education community and be prepared to undertake such duties as may be determined by the General Secretary.
Preferred qualifications of candidates include:
• a broad range of Federation involvement
• a Certificate of Qualification to teach in Ontario
• five years of successful employment experience
• a university degree
To apply please click on this link. Applications must be submitted by midnight, October 6, 2020, quoting posting #202021-05.
ETFO is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self-identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants may contact the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.