- Case counts as of March 15, 2020:
- China: 80,844 cases; 3,199 deaths
- Asia & Oceania: 11,171 cases; 131 deaths (South Korea – 75)
- Europe: 51,486 cases; 2,330 deaths (Italy – 1,809)
- Middle East: 15,378 cases; 738 deaths (Iran – 724)
- Africa: 267 cases; 6 deaths
- Latin America and Caribbean: 500 cases; 5 deaths
- North America: 3,358 cases
- United States – 3,111 cases; 62 deaths
- Canada – 247 cases; 1 death
- 41 new cases were reported today in Ontario, bringing the cumulative total to 142 (this includes 5 resolved cases).
- In Ontario, there are 1316 persons under investigation with lab results pending.
- The Minister of Health has released a statement regarding elective surgeries. This was followed by a memo from Deputy Minister Helen Angus, Dr. David Williams and Matthew Anderson (attached). The links to the statement are below:
Ministry of Health | Health System Emergency Management Branch
Visit https://sefpo.org/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/ for more information on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), including situation reports and related news.